Helping Haiti build the future with healthy mothers and healthy babies.
Thank you to everyone who made our Mothers’ Day Appeal with a double matching pledge such a success with $12,831.27 received from you, our donors, prior to the match!
Our 2014 Annual Report is now available. Please click HERE to download a PDF copy and read about our 2014 accomplishments, and key elements of our strategic plan for MN, including economic development initiatives to ensure MN’s long term viability and eventual independence from charitable support.
Maison de Naissance, (MN), “Home of Birth,” sponsored by Global Birthing Home Foundation, is a modern maternity center supporting healthy mothers and healthy babies in Haiti with high quality medical care and ongoing community oriented support.
Maison de Naissance has just celebrated its 10th anniversary. Thanks to the generosity of our donors and volunteers, Maison de Naissance has delivered over 4,700 healthy babies, and conducted more than 132,000 consultations since 2004. We serve an impoverished community in rural Haiti whose residents could not otherwise afford or access these services.
Our commitment for the next 10 years is to reduce poverty in this community while maintaining the highest quality of primary care services to women and their infants.
Our first challenge is to prevent maternal and infant deaths. Maison de Naissance provides accessible (transportation provided), reliable healthcare for women and babies in a warm and welcoming environment. Fees are charged on a sliding scale, set by the community, starting at free for those who simply cannot pay. Our outstanding all-Haitian staff are highly qualified and committed to listening as well as caring. We employ innovative technologies to ensure quality care, and produce measurable outcomes that can be tracked month to month and year by year.
Our second challenge is to “work ourselves out of a job” in this community through economic development programs. We have expanded our mission to partner with women and their families in a variety of programs to increase their income and food security, and for MN to be a self-sufficient community operation by the year 2024. Global Birthing Home Foundation will then expand its mission to other impoverished communities of the world.
Please donate now to help meet these challenges:
- Friend: $120 annual, or $10 monthly donation.
- Doula: $600 annual, or $50 monthly donation. This will cover one woman’s prenatal and delivery care.
- Health Promoter: $1200 annual, or $100 monthly donation. This will cover HIV testing and counseling services at MN for one month.
- Health Protector: $2400 annual, or $200 monthly donation. This will cover the cost of maintaining ambulance service for emergency deliveries.
- Health Sustainer: $6000 annual, or $500 monthly donation. This will help one family attain self-sufficiency.
- Founder’s Circle: $12,000 annual, or $1000 monthly donation. This will cover MN’s basic budget for family planning, prenatal, and postpartum care for a month.
Join our Mailing List and Stay informed!
Get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox, including current birthing center news, employee profiles, and Global Birthing Home Foundation events!